Working at Metrics
Join the Metrics Team and be a Part of Exciting EDA Advancements
At Metrics, we’re pioneering a new approach to EDA … we call it EDA as a Service. We’re innovators in EDA tools and design flows like traditional EDA vendors, but we’re taking it to the cloud. We’re leading the way and our future keeps getting bigger and brighter!
The Metrics engineering team is based in Ottawa, Canada with additional offices in the US, India, and China and includes simulation technologists, FPGA and ASIC design experts, modern cloud technology and UI/UX developers, and FPGA and ASIC design solution architects. This unique combination of diverse skills and shared vision has led to Metrics’ successful first product – the Metrics Cloud Platform.
As we grow, we’re looking for engineers who share in our belief in EDA as a Service and want to contribute to expanding our products to include a complete RTL to GDSII design flow in the cloud. Working at Metrics allows you to expand your EDA skills and experience to include modern technologies like Docker containers and Kubernetes cluster orchestration.
Current Job Openings
We are hiring for a senior full stack developer who is looking for an exciting opportunity to help disrupt the Electronic Design Automation (EDA) space by building tools for chip designers that design cutting edge technologies on hardware we all use every day. The Full Stack Developer will be contributing to the development of Metrics’s SaaS product offering. Development activities include, but not limited to, building microservices, unit tests, and front-end development work.
Senior Full Stack Developers will be required to participate in design and architecture sessions along with software development activities.
- Designing and developing microservices
- Designing and developing APIs
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages
- Front-end development
- Learning and implementing EDA specific logic
- Unit tests and any other capacity for automated testing; e.g. stress, soak, smoke testing
- Troubleshooting bugs/issues in production
- Contribute to process improvements
- Provide feedback to management on improvements to the engineering team and across the organization
- Participate in meaningful code reviews to ensure quality
Experience and Skills
- 5-10 years of experience as a full stack developer building SaaS products
- Microservice architecture and development
- Experience with web technologies; ideally technologies such as Node.js, React / Vue / Angular, but not mandatory
- Cloud architecture
- Relational databases such as MS SQL, Postgres
- Familiarity with Cloud Orchestration (such as k8s) is a bonus
- Empathy for product management and end-users
- Work with a group of engineers, product managers, and customer experience leads to solve complex problems
- Document your work clearly and concisely for others to review and provide feedback
- Provide constructive criticism to your peers on their work